A Long Week

This week has been a long week!  It started Monday with a Staff/Board meeting early in the morning followed by a Staff only meeting, needless to say we were in meetings for about 5 hours that day.  Then Monday night, I went to Merle Lynema's Funeral at the Bridge.  Keep Karen in your prayers this week and in the weeks to come, I can't imagine losing your spouse.  Karen spoke at the funeral and did a great job, she is such a strong person to be able to do that.  Tuesday through Thursday was our annual Youth for Christ Regional conference.  It was ok, the general session speakers did a great job, but I never get much out of the Campus Life Breakouts, they seem to teach us the same thing over and over!  From there we went to the Chap Clark conference Thursday and Friday at Providence Church in Holland.  This was a great conference, Chap is a professor at Fuller Seminary and the author of several books (including Hurt, and When Kids Hurt).  He is an excellent speaker and very insightful, if you work with teenagers or have one at home, I recommend checking out these books!  Last night however was the highlight of the week, after dinner with Mom and Dad and Kelly at Florentines (haven't been there in a long time), we went out to the Apple Store and I am proud to say that I am the new owner of a MacBook Pro!  I have never had a Mac, so I am still getting used to it, but I LOVE IT!  Thanks to my sisters for helping me out last night.  I just finished working out (I am on the first week of P90X and really like that too) and now I am headed in to Grandville to see my Grandma and my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Paul!  I guess that's all for now!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I'm jealous! You'll have to let me know how you like it!